The organizers are excited to present a program filled with a strong mix of community experience, relevant research knowledge, lively discussion and memorable local social activity. Full details of the program are currently being developed and will be posted in the coming weeks. Stay tuned.
October 1, 2019 – Registration, Opening Reception, Keynote Address.
Wednesday, Oct 2, 2019, Friday, Oct 4, 2019, Saturday, October 5, 2019 – Keynote Address and Parallel Sessions, with Knowledge Mobilization Sessions – Podcasting, Webinars, e-Newsletters, and different presentation formats, covering the following themes:
- Labour market and Labour Mobility, The Future of Rural Work
- Food Systems (agriculture, fisheries, aquaculture) and Drinking Water in Rural and Remote Communities
- Cultural and Heritage Industries and Rural Identity, Tourism, Social Enterprise
- Rural Engagement
Thursday, October 3, 2019 – Field Trips with tours and panel sessions, with academic and community experts:
- Ferryland (Heritage and tourism)
- Petty Harbour/Lesters’ Farm and aquaponics facility (Social enterprise, food security and rural development)
- Bell Island (Provision of mental health and addiction services in rural communities)
- Carbonear (Craft breweries and distilleries as drivers of regional development)